Awards the top offensive and defensive linemen in the Tri-State region.
In keeping with the mission of the Foundation, candidates have to show a level of academic success and community involvement.
High school freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors are eligible.
Linemen of the Year Awards will be presented to each of the following:
- Southwest Ohio Divisions 1-6
- Northern Kentucky
- Southeast Indiana
From this group of winners, Anthony will select two student-athletes to be recognized as the overall Offensive and Defensive Linemen of the Year at the National Football Foundation Scholar-Athlete Banquet.
An "In the Trenches" Leadership Award will also be presented to the student athlete who most represents the Foundation's mission on and off the field. This award takes into consideration a student-athlete’s athletic achievements, academic accomplishments and community involvement.
Linemen of the Year Selection Committee
- Anthony Muñoz: former Cincinnati Bengal Hall of Fame Offensive Lineman and Foundation President
- Michael Muñoz: former University of Tennessee Offensive Lineman and AMF Board Member
- Dave Lapham Sr.: former Cincinnati Bengal Offensive Lineman and current Bengals radio analyst
- Mike Dyer: High School Sports Reporter
- Clint Boling: Current Cincinnati Bengal Offensive Lineman
2016-2017 Season Winners
- Offensive Lineman: Joshua Myers, Miamisburg High School, Ohio Division II
- Defensive Lineman: Jerron Cage, Winton Woods High School, Ohio Division II
- "In the Trenches" Leadership Award: Matt Sichterman, Kings High School
Photos from the 2017 Lineman of the Year Banquet can be found on the McDaniel's Photography website. If you purchase photos, 20% of proceeds goes back to the Anthony Muñoz Foundation.
See a list of past recipients here.
2017 Linemen of the Year Overall Winners
A special thanks to our sponsor, Roofing Annex for helping
us recognize our student athletes!