Hey everyone, It’s Programs Intern, Kylie!
This week we are sharing five fun facts about our Whiz Kids program! Whiz Kids is our tutoring program that provides one-on-one tutoring for 20 students in kindergarten through 5thgrade at Roberts Paideia Academy. The program is once a week on Wednesday from 4:00pm -5:20 pm.
- We have 20 talented WK students!
- Our 20 kids read a book and once finishing their work, they get to pick out a board game or small activity that they play with their tutor. At the end, we all come together to play a group activity! The activities are structured to be fun and education which challenge the kids. Last week, we played charades!
- Each year, our students read over 300 books combined!
- Students read a variety of different books throughout the school year. Books range in level and interest, but our hope is to help students develop better reading skills. Each week students are excited to see what book they get to read!
- We have 12 students in the Unplugged program!
- Once students age out of the program there is an opportunity to continue learning with the Unplugged program. 6 boys and 6 girls are provided with extra assistance and resources for high school preparation, career exploration, academic help and service learning!
- This is our 9th year as a host!
- This mark the 9th year for The Foundation as a host for City Gospel Mission’s Whiz Kids program. City Gospel Mission empowers those in need, whether it be spiritual, emotional, mental or physical skills they may need to succeed in life.
- We have 20 amazing tutors!
- Want to get involved? You must be at least 16 years old! Most of our tutors do not have previous tutoring experience but training is provided by The Foundation and City Gospel Mission before Whiz Kids begins. There’s plenty of time to register for the 2019-2020 school year! For more information, go to munozfoundation.org
Tune in next week for more AMF information!